School’s Almost Out!
Summer is fast approaching. Keeping the house clean with the kids home can be a challenge. Here are some simple tips to help you keep the house in order even with there are short people tromping through the house with dirty cleats.
5 Quick House Cleaning Tips
- Focus on high-touch surfaces. Targeted cleaning on a regular basis goes a long way to reduce contamination from sticky little fingers. Light switches, hand rails, handles and tables need to be wiped down more often due to frequent use.
- The habit of washing hands starts at home. Microorganisms are often transferred between high-touch surfaces and hands, making regular hand washing just as important as disinfecting surfaces. In our recent blog post, Washing Hands Starts at Home, we listed tips like buying colorful, fragrant soap for the counter to encourage good habits.
- Have a floor mat at every entry way. This not only prevents unsightly dust and dirt from spreading throughout your home but also prolongs the life of your carpet and wood floors. Tracked in dirt gets smashed into surfaces when walked on, acting like gritty sandpaper. Mats are also a great way to welcome guests!
- Use distilled white vinegar to kill germs. An eco-friendly and gently solution that is also tough, vinegar can be used for floors, small appliances, the garbage disposal and even mold. Vinegar is especially good at combating the mineral build up on kitchen and bathroom items you use almost daily.
- Clean towels to cut down on odor. Cleaning your bathroom towels often eliminates the spread germs. Your family will not only be safe but grateful for the fresh air.