Cleaning doesn’t have to be a chore. There are creative techniques that make the process fun.
Here are 10 fun cleaning tips for various areas of the house.
- Use soft make up brushes to dust crevices in computer key boards, grooves on woodwork and the back of chairs.
- Use cotton gloves to clean blinds. For sticky dust, dip the gloves in a solution.
- Using a duvet cover lengthens the cleanliness of the duvet itself. The duvet will only need to be cleaned every 2-4 years (check label for dry cleaning or washing instructions).
- Use a small vacuum attachment and an all purpose cleaner to wipe the lint inside the dryer. Also wipe around ducts every few months to prevent lint buildup.
- Clean old paint off glass windows or mirrors with turpentine on a terry cloth. If that doesn’t do it, use a razor.
- To clean heavy cob webs, tie a clean towel over a broom with a rubber band. Also use to dust ceilings and walls.
- Using baby oil on shower curtains and shower walls helps prevent soap scum buildup.
- Use a hair dryer to melt and clean up candle wax. As a final step, remove with a mild detergent solution.
- Use old credit cards to scrape off food baked on the oven. The plastic won’t scratch the oven.
- Use lint removers on upholstery to remove dog hair weaved in the fibers.
Using effective and creative techniques makes house cleaning a project instead of a chore!